Saturday, February 2, 2013

What to do? What to do?

        I am almost finished the bear stocking. When I am finished I was thinking of making the sweater but I am not sure if I still want to do this next mostly because it will be my first attempt at a sweater and will likely be extremely time consuming. I mean honestly how long does it actually take to hand knit a sweater sans machine.  According to my internet research  it takes between 30 to 120 hours, at three hour a night and 10 on the weekend, let's be realistic here, it could take up to 5 weeks. I was thinking of starting a sewing project instead, I could finish that in two weekends maybe three, instead of working a little bit on it every night. But I am not sure.  Even the full length coat with a quilted lining would take less time. What to do?

If there’s one thing we’ve learned from history of the human race, it is that no matter what anyone tells you, ideas can and do change the world. From the 18th century Enlightenment to Facebook, the fuel that propels the engine of progress will always be the human ability (and indeed, courage) to challenge existing norms, and think beyond what we have come to understand as boundaries. That’s why getting new ideas are always fascinating and strangely satisfying, even when nothing has actually been done yet! There’s always a rush of excitement of something new, and sometimes, that rush gives us that does of motivation that we so badly need - coupled with copious amounts of determination and effort, you never know - you could just be the next person to change the world. And that feels good.
Simple pleasures #26: The thrill of a new idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment