Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sewing Tips

        Over the years I have done several projects for people that have involved a "you keep the leftovers and pattern" kind of arrangement. So I have amassed quite a few patterns. Now I will be honest when I was younger I was not particularly careful when putting patterns back so they were often messy. Plus at the time it always seemed like I was using the smallest size so I cut slits into the pattern pieces to fold them back. This created such a mess when trying to reuse a pattern. I knew there had to be a better way. Tracking paper. I found laying out my pattern and then using tracking paper to make pattern pieces in each size was the perfect solution. I then would put each size into a large plastic baggie. The original pattern would fold up and slip right back into their envelope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment