Wednesday, April 17, 2013

To bamboo or not bamboo

        I started knitting a squirrel with 0 gauge dpns made of bamboo. I love using bamboo dpns for all of different kinds of knitting in the round projects. I can't stand metal dpns, the noise they make when they touch grates on my nerves. I like their smooth finish and flexibility, the only problem is that the thinner they are the weaker they are. I have actually broken two of the five I have, I am going to have to go buy some new ones. But should I buy more bamboo ones? Or choose from wood, like symfonie, or or plastic, like pony pearl, or ceramic (I have only heard about these ones).  I have to make a decision soon because I want to finish the squirrel as soon as possible. What do you guys think?

Pearl Double Pointed Needles

No comments:

Post a Comment