Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 80 - Hand sewing lace


Project : Christening Gown continued.....
          So yesterday I started sewing the trim on the gown. It is this waved and tear dropped cotton lace. I think cotton. Anyway the lace is so soft that I have to sew the curve down or it curls and looks all floppy. I used the machine to stitch it on the hem, which was so annoying. Basically 3 stitches, turn, 2 stitches, turn, 3 stitches, turn repeat 61 more times. But it ended up looking really good. The sleeves were another story, remember this gown is for a baby girl under a year old. I had such a hard time installing them in the first place because they are so small and the side arm of my machine was too big. There was no way I was going to try to machine stitching that. I hand stitched the sleeve lace. It took a bit little longer but again I am quite happy with the end product. Sometimes hand stitching is the only way to go. I now have to decide if I am going to add lace to the bodice or not. But I that is a question for tomorrow. That and button holes.


No comments:

Post a Comment