Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Fashion House Dreams

I watched "Mrs.Arris goes to Paris" starring Angela Lansbury. (spoilers are included in the rest of this post, warning you all now.) It is about a widowed British women who,  after years of saving, travels to Paris on a mission to buy a Dior dress. Many obstacles stand between poor little "Mrs.Mops" and her dress but eventually justice prevails. It a beautiful little story about how kindness and dreams can improve so many lives. If have never seen it I suggest you take a look. 

Now although I am recommending watching this movie that really isn't the point or focus of this post. I actually wanted to talk about Mrs.Harris' experience viewing the Dior collection. Daily viewings of the newest collection in this lavish fashion house. By invitation only. People vying for a spot for privileged to simply view the garments. And the those lucky enough to buy a dress get fitted until it is right. Three weeks for a dress with an artist and an assistance. I swear that is the dream. Now I am no Dior, I won't even kid myself, but that is okay. I have my own voice. Definitely more punk, which will likely never be view the way I have just described but that's okay. That's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment