Thursday, November 1, 2012

I'm not pervert, I'm looking at your clothes. I swear.

November 1st, 2012

        Now That I am so amped and geared up to crank out some amazing designs of my own clothing I've noticed that I am really noticing other people's clothing. What I like, what I don't like. What I think looks good. Colour palates, shapes, drapes etc. I have become a real people watcher the past few month. But I will tell you, I am not very good at it. At all. I have been guilty of the double take, the head tilt, the wrap around. I keep getting dirty looks from women, which I can't blame them, who think I am leering while I am just observing the stitching over the breast and waist, the cut of the pants. You know the hard to fit areas. But also considered the perv zone so I have noticed. I always feel compelled to say. "I love that blank...add clothing article here... that blank ... is so interesting" even if I hate it. So A) the clothing wearer knows I am looking for a non-sexual reason and B) so I don't offended them. Because I can't say, "Sorry you think I was leering but I am really just trying to figure out what went so horribly wrong with that top of yours. Man I can't believe you wear that in public. What the hell were you thinking?" No mater how much I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment