Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Singer Professional 5 Serger -Stitches 1-3

November 26th, 2012

Serger!!!

        As I mentioned yesterday I just got my new serger. It has 5 threads and a butt load of dials. It has 14 stitch functions that use between 2 and 5 threads. I know I said I would try out a few stitches a night but I have a feeling I may have bit off a little more that I can chew. These stitches have complex set-ups and I am not sure how many I am going to get through. I hope this isn't an epic fail. But we will see how many I get through tonight, the goal is 3. The double chain stitch. The two-thread wrapped edge overlock stitch. And the two-thread overedge. Wish me luck.


Success!!!!

        I was able to do all three stitches. It took a while but TA-DA!! My pictures are garbage but hey maybe Santa will get me a camera for Christmas.  

 Top Stitching is the two-thread wrapped edge overlock stitch. The middle is the double chain stitch and the bottom one is the two-thread overedge. Up close on this picture on the right.


No comments:

Post a Comment