Monday, December 3, 2012

December 3rd - It's the Holiday Season so whoop-de-do!

It officially the holiday and party season. 

        Keith has his holiday party coming up this weekend and I have nothing to wear. Literally. I have lost over 20 pounds this year and none of my dresses fit. I went looking and found nothing formal enough under 300$. I don't have the figure for stretch, I am short and really curvy so dress are expensive for me. Thus I sewing my own dress. I chose a black fabric with silver speckle over it, so it has a metallic sheen. I chose black button to keep it toned down. I also have red buttons in case I find it too plain when it is done, or well almost done. It is going to be a long sleeved wrap dress. I have organza to poof up the skirt if it need it too. I hoping this will be the go to dress for me in the future. Here is a pic of the fabric.

      

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it finished! Couldn't you also alter any of your other dresses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately the only dress formal enough is too small for me and I refuse to put a panel and make it corset-like as that always looks tacky and cheap. Well in my opinion it does. Plus most formal dresses have very thin seam allowances. This to create a slimmer look and prevents bunching and wrinkles. So altering a dress to make it bigger is pretty difficult. It is almost easier to make a new dress which is what I am doing.

      Delete