Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 131 - Fabrics And The Projects They Inspire!

        When a co-worker discovered that I write a daily blog about crafting, she mentioned that she is what she considered an armchair sewer. Basically what she meant that she like to design projects in her head, yet she never quite gets around to actually making these things. I have a similar problem. I have about a hundred, serious a hundred (remember I have at least 52 projects listed here), that I wish to get to. And soon! But I simply do not have the time. I know I will eventually get them all completed but in the mean time I thought I would share some of my fabrics and the projects they have inspired. I don't usually use patterns, I typically design my own but I have collected a few over the years. You know, the please make me this this garment, here is the pattern. I am using them here to put images to my thoughts. 




        Although this is more of a winter coat, I was thinking of using the teal hounds tooth for an unlined fall coat. Maybe a little shorter. We will see.



        Here is the shirt I am making for my mother. The material is a textured cotton. I will also be making a black one and chocolate brown one as well.  That's 2, 98 more to show.

1 comment:

  1. I was extremely curious about the teal houndstooth when you mentioned it in an earlier post - it's gorgeous! I've been in a crafting slump ever since I finished a baby blanket in... March. I think you might have inspired me to get going again!

    ReplyDelete