Friday, August 31, 2012

Day 154 - Adventures in Serging

        My serger kept breaking a needle so I decided to take it in for a tune up to Yarn forward and Sew on. Only problem, I don't have a car, just a motor scooter. To get it back in time to have it for my Friday off I had to have it in Wednesday. So I rush home from work, stick it in a backpack and hop back on my bike to zoom back downtown. It was going well and then I took a wrong turn at Albuqerke, well Elgin. I turned on Elgin instead of Bank. I had to go over the bridge then down a side street to try and turn around. Which did not go well. Now you have to remember that I am top and back heavy. It was super windy and each turn a little tricky. A little to low etc. It sucked. After this lovely little detour I finally get to the yarn store just before closing and my back is killing me. The next day I am about to go home when I got the call. Machine's ready! Yay. Zoom zoom zoom. I have my backpack  and serger on my back and I am off. Then I hit traffic. Damn Rideau street traffic. I finally get home and need a crazy massage. Remind me to never never never do that again. But works pretty beautifully now.

No comments:

Post a Comment