Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day 100 - Celebrating with turtles

        Okay so I am going completely off format tonight and going to talk about my new pet turtle. I went to help my Futurama friend pick out a pet turtle today. We decided on a yellow belly slider. There were tow to choose from. The first, a smaller guy sunning on a rock with his eyes closed. The second, a fiesty guy swimming all over the tank. The bigger of the two. When we took the second one out to the tank he actually ran off the clerk's hand and rolled out of the store. Once retrieved and returned to the tank, he was just fine swimming for his life. The first one has swollen eyes. Apparently not a huge issue but the pet store will not treat him. So I am a bleeding heart. I bought him, and now I am giving him eye drops. Hopefully he will be better in a few days. If not, I will have to find a vet. I swear I should never go to an animal shelter or I will have a house full of messed up animals.Cripes I have a cat with cataracts and now a turtle with eye issues. I hope he is isn't permanently blind. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment