Friday, July 13, 2012

Day 105 - Sports Coat

     My anniversary is soon. 5 years married to Keith and I looked up what the 5th year is suppose to be, well what they gift is suppose to be. Silverware or wood the website said. So I thought, well he has a wooden box. He just got a new wood desk and he doesn't wear jewellery. So what now? What about wood buttons? He was promoted about 6 months ago and he is trying to look more professional. We got him some suits and dress shirts, ties, nice dress shoes etc. But nothing casual. Then I thought what about a sports jacket? So I went to a few stores. Are they fucking crazy? 425$ but 30% off that price the guy kid behind the counter tells me, A steal at 332.50$. A cotton sports coat? I looked at 5-6 stores and all the same. Unless I wanted something that looked really cheap, (or shipped in from the US from Macy's, Kenneth Cole has several nice ones but if they do not fit, shipping it back back will be a pain, blah blah blah) I was looking at spending 300$ plus dollars and let's not forget tax. Due to the fact that I am thrifty, I decided to stop being lazy and sew one myself. With wood buttons no less. I will be looking for a pattern to help me out this time as I am not an expert at menswear and would love some suggestions. I may go to Rockland textiles or C&M to get a really nice fabric. I am willing to spend about 150$ materialwise to make it look expensive enough but that is it. I guess we will just have to wait and see what I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment