Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 121- Pieject

Project Peach Pie!!!

        It is peach seasons in Ontario and that can only means one thing, PIE. One problem, I am on a strict diet, sugar, pastry, especially pastry made with Crisco and butter are strictly off limits. So what's a girl to do? Well making mini pies and freeze them of course. I decided to make two types of pie topping. A pastry top and crumble top. And when it came to the pastry top I decided to make two types there as well. Plain with a star cutout and a lattice top.  I used one basket and have two more to work with. I think I will make 8 more mini pies and then I have no idea. Any suggestions? Here are some pictures of what I have come up with so far. I baked up a few for Keith. The rest are in the freezer. I hope they are as good as they look.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment