Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 40 – Mother's day gifts.


        An unexpected project popped up today. I forgot Mother's Day was this weekend. I know I should have known that it was coming , with all the commercials and signs everywhere, but since I am not a mom, I receive no cards, I forgot. My hubby might be going to see his parents and we had no gift for his mother, but I happened by the art store again....
Project- Sterling Silver earrings.
         My mother-in-law loves fireflies. I stumbled upon two sterling silver firefly pendants, the are ¾ of an inch in length. The cost 5.99$ plus taxes. I decided that since the pendants were so small they should be earrings, they would get lost as traditional pendants. I also purchased a set of two sterling silver “fish hooks” earring hooks. The cost 1.30$ plus taxes. The placement of the hoops on the pendant and earring hook coincide perfectly thus no jump ring is required. I used a pair of jewellery pliers, they have round smooth tips to prevent scoring the metal pieces you work with. I finished them pretty quickly so I don't really think it counts as a project but we will count it for now. At least now we are ready for the holiday. 


                                                Sorry about the picture, best I could do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment