Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day 46 – Holy Shit! All of a sudden I'm popular.


        In the span of 24 hours, literally 24 hours, I have been commissioned to sew both a wedding dress, in nontraditional colour,s and a baptismal gown, in very traditional colours. Apparently they commissioners are going to purchase all required materials and I will simply have to sew it together. They are even buying patterns for me to use. So no designing, no pattern making, just sewing and basic alterations/fitting. I have rough estimates when the items will be due but nothing concrete. I know very little about what they want to use, linen, silk, satin, lace or synthetics, I have no idea. Both clients are out of towners, so they plan on mailing me the materials. I will have formal fittings but the start of the construction will be based off their measurements. Well for the baptismal gown anyways. I will add them to the project list when I receive the fabric. Until then that is all I have to say on the topic.

1 comment: