Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day 44 – Heart print pants


Project – Heart print pants
         I was given a sewing course for my birthday. It is called Jeanius and can be found on the Craftsy website. It costs regularly 79$ but I guess it is on sale for 40$. The Instructor is Kenneth D. King. It basically teaches you how to do a ruboff or copy of your favourite jeans. I make my own patterns but I don't usually make replicas. I am making a copy of a pair of Foxy jean I got a few months back. Mostly because I am a hippy girl and this pair hugs my curves.
        I have completed the pattern and cut out all the pieces and I am now in the assembly phase. I am using a cotton-poly blend, it is similar to but thinner than jean material. It is a cute heart fabric I picked up a few years back and would not be too devastated if the project didn't work out. I am hoping this technique will allow me copy some of my favourite purchased pieces in my closet. What I appreciate most about this course is the pattern corrections that Kenneth Cole provides to common construction issues. Being a self-taught seamstress I often have to figure out corrections for these kinds of problem on my own.

1 comment:

  1. I love craftsy too! Keep us up to date with how the assembly goes :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete