Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 41 – Rainbow Armwarmers


Project – Rainbow Armwarmers
        I bought this beautiful rainbow wool, luxury mohair. It is comprised of 78% mohair, 13% wool, 9 % nylon. I bought two 50g ball of King Cole wool. It is gorgeous. I Could not get enough from the same dye lot for a sweater to I thought, next best thing, armwarmers. The only issue is that it seems pretty fragile, it is fingerling weight wool. I am using US 3 double pointed needles. Because of it's mohair shagginess, it seems that knitting and unravelling it in the process of pattern making would damage the yarn greatly. I decided to make my own pattern, simple, 10 rows of ribbing, stocking stitch for 8 inches, tapering and expanding as needed, to 10 more rows of ribbing. I am currently using Nova sock wool, 75% Superwash Wool and 25% Nylon, for the prototype. I am on my second prototype already. I guessed a bit on the first one, so the second one is coming alone nicely. After I complete these Nova yarn armwarmers I will complete the Rainbow Armwarmer!!! Then I will have two pairs. I would also like a black pair and maybe grey. I hope to have the prototype done by the weekend. In the future if i have a knitting machine I would like to sell them on my Etsy site.


No comments:

Post a Comment