Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day 57- The Glebe Garage sale!


        All I can say is Holy Shit. I have never been to the Glebe Garage sale before. An annual event that occurs on the Saturday of the third weekend in May. I t is huge, intense, seemingly endless. The sheer amount of stuff, things, places to go, to see. I didn't cover half of it i am sure. I saw two Victrola, seriously, two. A merry-go-round horse. Lizards for sale. My heart was broken twice, I came upon two writing desks throughout the day, both sold. Both gorgeous. But I did have some super great finds. A samsonite picnic case. Two jewellery boxes with locks, I have a ton of mini skeleton keys and found one for each box in my collection. Penguin statue. A turntable watch and two items I will write about tomorrow. So why do I bring this crazy-ass event? Because it is a craft haven! There were tables of fabric, sewing accessories, numerous sewing baskets. I saw ribbons and embellishments, yarn, wool, leather even. I already have a lot of what I saw. Some was not priced well, but remember you can always barter. I know I did. A hell of a lot. Anyways I know I am going to pay for it tomorrow. I got there at 9, next year I will know better and go earlier and better prepared. I walked around until 1 so yeah. I am already starting to get sore. Woo hoo. Can't wait until tomorrow. And you dear reader should be excited too, my blog tomorrow should prove quite interesting indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment