Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 32 - Looking to the Future


        I know what my goal for this blog is. To write everyday, produce a piece of artistic work every week and share it with, well I would say the world but I have a feeling only about 5 people actually read this so let's just say, the internet. I am trying to find my voice and not complain. Because I could do one of those angry hate everyone blogs, and it would probably be a lot funnier and possibly more interesting than this one but then there is the chance of getting sued right? I guess what I am getting at is, what about when this is over? I have an idea for a craft blog for next year, as I have previously mentioned, a totally different take. But what else? Where do I want this to go? To make it my job? Publish a book? Of patterns? Basic craft projects? What? Work at a magazine? An online publication? Start my own? Who knows? I would love to write full time. I am just..... realistic. I fear I am not good enough. That my work is not up to this impossible perfect writing standard that it takes to be a writer full time, a standard I have no way of reaching. Like I said that discourage thing is rearing it's ugly head.

1 comment:

  1. I blog as a way to archive my thoughts. The fact that some people read it (and I doubt that there are many) is just extra. And readership grows slowly, but steadily over time. If you are feeling burnt out from so much writing you could try reducing the number of posts that you write each week.

    This is my favorite blog. I find it very inspiring. http://attic24.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete