Wednesday, January 25, 2012

10 years of Persistence


          Let me preface this posting by saying, I was given the go ahead to share this story with you from my best friend Sandra (also not her real name). I was musing out loud last night about what I should write about for my nightly post, as you can see I came up with very little, when my best friend said "10 years of Persistence". You see this is how long we have know each other and how long I have had some projects on the go. Projects I promise myself I will finish one day and haven't gotten around it yet. She was also talking about the boxes and boxes of material I have collected over the years. (I have a whole storage room full, not kidding). Now she isn't just talking about me, for she is also a very guilty party. May I introduce exhibit A?


          Here is a blanket Sandra started crocheting before I met her. It is going to be a blanket for her brother. A very belated Christmas gift.

          Exhibit B. Her second attempt at the Christmas Blanket. Still in progress.



         She is also in the middle of knitting a blanket for herself but only have one 4" X 4" square done. She has a full sized bed so you can guess how long this is going to take.

         But anyway it got me thinking. What do I have left unfinished. A few things that I listed in my first post and I am making some head way. I finished two pillow. But what else. Not on the list but still unfinished. Well, the first thing that comes to mind is this wool coat . Started about 8 years ago. I tried to make it thicker by putting a layer of fleece between the wool and the liner but all it did was make it super puffy and the shoulders looked wrong. But I would like to finish it.

         Then there is this paisley button-down shirt. It doesn't suit my shape. A leather skirt. My current machine can't handle it. I have material for cargos, but never designed the pants. I also have a pin-strip for another button-down shirt. You know how that goes. I also have a washcloth blanket I have yet to finish that is about three year old. I need more wool. Sweater purses, I have the sweaters but no longer need the purse.

         The last thing I would love to make but put off is a pair of gunmetal sky pants. I bought this beautiful sliver sequin material (it looks kind of like a cloudy sky) and promised myself when I perfected making pants I would make myself a pair. Please note I am a self-taught seamstress. My mother started me off with the basics and I have learned on my own since. I want to make a great pair of skinny pants to fit with all my knee high boots.

         I have more skill then I did a few years ago and it might be time to revisit some projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment