Saturday, January 14, 2012

What Counts?

        So I have been thinking to myself what is going to count as a project? I have assumed that painting, sewing, knitting, crocheting, cross stitching and scrap-booking are all acceptable crafts because I would even up with something tangible. Therefore any ideas there in would count as one of my 52. But what about cooking? It is only tangible until eaten.

         I have always wanted to do a bear cake. Not s sheet cake but a three-dimensional cake. The one I have in mind comes from a special mould and would be decorated with a piping bag. I have never used a piping bag before, I don't even own a piping bag. I have used a baggie with a corner snipped off but only for lettering, never when trying to make fur. I would be using a star tip, I think that is what it is called, to create icing that looks like fur. Or fur make of fondant, which I have never make before also. So what do you think? Would these venture count? And if it does count what would the perimeters be? Making the cake from scratch? The frosting from scratch? What about jam? I got a bread maker that makes also makes jam and have never made jam before, so how about jam? Or fudge from scratch?

         This year is all about doing things for myself and part of that is trying new things. Some I will fail horribly at and others I know I will be able to excel but we will have to wait and see. Well let me know what you think, Yay or Nay?


And because I was talking about food today, here is a potato! 


No comments:

Post a Comment