Friday, January 20, 2012

Productivity and Procrastination, the fine line!

         Since I work for the government, I have the opportunity to work a compressed work week, meaning I have every second Friday off. This Friday off. And with having Fridays off every so often you really don't want to waste the day. Actually to be completely truthful, when I get to stay home while Keith and my roommates are all at work I start to feel guilty. Honestly, like really guilty, like if don't do something productive, scrub a floor, get some groceries, do the dishes, clean the bathroom, run some errands, laundry, something, I feel super guilty. I know it is my problem, no one else feels like this on a day off, just me. So I was productive today, God was I productive. Groceries, check! Errands, check! Laundry, check! Dishes, check! Craft supplies pick-up, double check! (Note there was sock knitting today!)

         Today my productivity, my domestic productivity got in the way of my crafting productivity. It was almost a form of procrastination. I have often found that when I want to dedicate my time to personal projects, I can find almost any little domestic task to get in my way, especially when it is a dauntingly large project such as the Sweater Coat. Which I still have to dig out of one of my project storage boxes. I think I can be my own worst enemy honestly. Anyways I hope tomorrow will be more productive craftwise. But only time will tell.

Tackity Tack Tack Tack


About to turn the heel and I am excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment