Thursday, January 19, 2012

Nesting Dolls



         My mother gave me some really beautiful nesting dolls for Christmas. (A nesting doll is a actually a set of dolls, minimum 3, that decrease in size so they can be stacked on inside the other. )Well her and my brother. Props Jay. They are penguins. My favourite animal. I really love them and had never seen any nesting dolls besides the traditional ones, let alone penguin ones.
         So that got me inspired. After a search of the internet I came up with a dozen or so penguin and penguin oriented nesting dolls. They vary in price 10$ to 100$, depends on how many in the set starting with 3 going up 5. But then I saw this site where they sell blank ones and I really got inspired.







The blank ones come in pairs up to 20 pieces. Some are short and chubby, others are taller and slip, cone shapes, houses with dolls to live in it, all kinds. It gave me some new ideas for a few projects. This is something I have never done before, thus adding to the appeal. It's going on my list.







When I have more completed items off my list, I will order some and document my progress. I want to make a few different ones. I like the idea of five dolls but also want to make a very large set. I would like to do a 20 set but thus far I have only found ones that cost 325$ or more. I will have to look into it more.

      





Here are a few websites that sell blank dolls, my faves so far.

http://matryoshkastore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=37&sort=20a&page=1

http://arussiansouvenirshop.com/STORE/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7&sort=20a&page=2&zenid=dc0e677395d55477dc0bb51f898e1ce7

http://www.goldencockerel.com/en-us/nesting-dolls.html

        Let me know what you think.


Tack!!!!

        Here is my sock progress. I ran out of wool today. There will be no more updates, tacked on or otherwise, until I get more. I am out of stuffing as well, sounds like a trip to the craft store is in order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment