Sunday, January 22, 2012

Stitch and Bitch

        So I sat down today with the Sliver Hook for a real stitch and bitch this morning. Sitting at a food court in the mall near my house she was more then generous, showing me some different crochet techniques. How to cut down on my sewing, making garments flow better and front loop/back loop tactics. You can view her creations and patterns at http://thesilverhook.ca/. I watched her whip out a duck rattle, damn is she fast. 

         While we were talking, I was able to start my alternate Zoidberg. I am finished his head, except for the tentacles. The blue I am using looks like it will work well. I am glad I was able to at least do this because I have gotten absolutely nothing done on the Sweater Coat. Well not absolutely nothing, I almost finished the hood, and the hem is done but the belt and front closure still need finishing. I kept procrastinating this weekend, I've heard it said that when you keep putting something off it may be for a reason. Basically, its because there is so much work involved to get it the way that I want it. I was given a tip today, treat my crafting like a job, that way it moves up the my list of priorities. Then maybe I would put it first over other things. Well see if that helps. I didn't even knit my sock today. Oh well better luck the rest of the week. Keith is going out of town on business so my evenings will be free. Hopefully this will lead to some real crafting strides this week. I guess we will see. 

For your viewing pleasure a head.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking to my page! I had lot of fun yesterday too :)

    ReplyDelete