Monday, January 16, 2012

Notes from my sickbed

         I took a major fall on Saturday afternoon. For those of you unfamiliar with the seasons of Canada, we are currently in Winter. Deep winter. This past Saturday it was -20 Celsius (- 4 Fahrenheit), - 30 Celsius (- 22 Fahrenheit) with the windchill. As you can imagine such low temperatures would create a lot of ice. I was walking home from the movies with Keith. We took a shortcut through a parking lot and I fell. A feet flying out, head smacking off pavement (lightly), air forced out of lungs fall. I got up quickly with the help of my husband and was a little sore but otherwise okay. I took a hot bath and when Sunday rolled around I was just pretty much achy. But as so many people who play sports know,it is always the second day that you have to worry about when it comes to sore ass muscles.

         When I woke up this morning my neck and abdomen were killing me. I couldn't swallow or hardly move. I ended up staying home from work today. My right hip is bruised and I aggravated a previous injury, which pretty much sucks. I haven't even eaten yet, it is early afternoon. My throat is super sore, making it difficult to swallow. I am just waiting for Keith to get home to take care of me. I was going to go to my massage therapist but Beth (not her real name either) is off sick today too. Maybe she also took a fall, so I will see her later this week. Sorry, I think I'm whining.

         Anyways, so the point of this post, besides telling you that I may be slower this week crafting and maybe have smaller posts, the point of this was to let you know that I signed up for a gmail account for the blog. The gmail address is ChubbyStar.blog@gmail.com . I signed up for this email in case anyone reading this blog is shy. If you want to make a comment but worry how other people will respond, now you don't have to worry. You can just write me an email. I will try to respond with in a few days.
Have a great day and will post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment