Saturday, January 21, 2012

Alternate Universe Jessica

      My Futurama fan mentioned recently that the only thing that could make his Zoidberg collection complete is an alternate universe Zoidberg. For those of you that have no idea what or who I am talking about meet Dr. John A. Zoidberg. 
      
        A Decapodian, a sentient species that originate from the planet Decapod 10, which are lobster-like in appearance. He is the staff doctor for Planet Express, a delivery service in the 31st century. He is wretchedly educated and even more wretchedly poor, homeless and often disliked, yet still has a mostly sunny disposition taking abuse well. As gullible as he is lovable, he is my favourite Futurama character, yes even more than Bender, who can bite my shiny metal ass.










        Now an alternate or parallel universe Zoidberg is a character that shows up on the episode “The Farnsworth Parabox”. He is pretty much the exact same as regular Zoidberg but a little more devious, and blue. To be honest, a little more of a jerk. I picked up some beautiful blue yarn yesterday and now alternate Zoidberg is on my project list.



        Now that got me thinking, what if there was a parallel universe, with a parallel Jessica? What would she be doing? Would she have made different decisions? Would she look different? Well we would look basically the same but height, weight and possible hair colour could differ. But beside aesthetics, how would we differ? What choices would she have made? Would her life differ from mine?Would she still be married to Keith? Or a previous boyfriend? Or one I had never met? Would she have given up her dreams of acting to go to University and become a cog in the government machine? Would she have the same feeling of insignificance? Would she be a famous writer? I couldn't handle that. If she super successful, doing what I would kill to do for a living, it would drive me absolutely crazy trying to figure out what decision she made that resulted in her success. What she did differently that I missed out on? It would absolutely kill me if she writer for a living, and I fear she should be because she might not have my problem, namely fear. I fear I am not a good enough writer, that my ideas would not be interesting enough. But maybe she wouldn't let that stop her. Maybe. And that thought makes me not want to meet alternate Jessica and if alternate Jessica is anything like me she wouldn't want to meet me either. 
        Here's one more picture of regular Zoidberg, just because he looks so happy eating that fish. So very cute and chubby. 


Tacking on another sock update 


No comments:

Post a Comment