Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Time Management and Sleep

        How am I going to get it all done honestly? Who starts a blog on a Monday night? If you haven’t noticed I am super excited and wrote a fairly long first post, then got super ambitious and posted a second one so there would actually be some crafting on the site. When I was finished I went to bed but it was 2 hours later than I normally do, on a work night anyways. My eyes were sore when I woke up this morning and the only thing I could think was “You need to work on your time management skills, Jess.” (Don’t worry; I never use the third person in regular conversation.) But all the same I am right. I do need to better manage my time or I will never get a good night's sleep because I literally only got 1 maybe 2 rows done on my red socks late night. I will never be able to finish 52 projects at that rate. Socks only count if they are a pair remember? The weekend is fast approaching, says the delusional Tuesday girl, and I plan to spend most of it crafting and catching up on my sleep. But even with sleeping in I think I can finish a doll and maybe some pillows too. Keith simply plans on relaxing. Hopefully I can accommodate that.

I've been thinking of how to maximize my man hours. I realized I am going to have to do some serious planning to make my goal of 52 before year's end, set some small milestones that will keep me on track. I've decided to knit on the bus ride to work and when watching TV. It has been working so far, I was able to do about 5 more rows on my red socks on the way home and this evening I will meet my miniature goal of 2 inches of progress.
Yesterday


I have included a picture of my red socks. They aren't warming my feet yet but they will be soon. Since I had such a hard time deciphering the pattern I wanted to practice before I make the twin of my brother-in-laws dress sock. For this project I am using 4US or 3.5mm dpns (double pointed needles) and worsted (medium) weight acrylic yarn. Since I have small feet, 37 European, about a 6.5 US, and I am using bigger needles and yarn the progress is much faster. I cast on only 48 stitches, completed 16 rows of knit 2, purl 2 for the ribbing and am currently working on the body. I am using the basic cuff down patte3rn from “Teach Yourself Visually – Knitting” Second Edition written by Sharon Turner. After I finish a few socks I am sure I will feel a lot better about my technique.I am hoping to finish this sock by Friday, watch for more picture. The pictures I unloaded do not do the colour justice. It is a real crimson red. I may try another back ground, we'll see.

This evening

No comments:

Post a Comment