Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 8 - Another Avocado Update

        I realized I haven't put up pictures of my avocados in a while. The main reason for this is because the day after I posted pictures/repotted them, the cat, Ms. Bee bee I think, ate the little avocado and pulled it out of it's pot, breaking the poor guy's roots. I repotted it again and have been hoping for the best. I really thought it would die so I decided that I would try growing some more from pits since you need at least 2 adult plants to pollinate and grow fruit. And I really want to grow some fruit. So I have two that I set up in the window about a week ago and one already sprouted roots. 

        The other one just split yesterday and I can see a little root starting. 



At about the same time, the petite avocado finally started to grow new little leaves. I am so happy. As you can see from the picture, the cat really did a number on the leaves. But I guess enough was left for it to rally. 





        The large avocado is still doing well. It has eight new leaves at the top and soon will be taller than me. (Okay, I'm short so it is a little less impressive, but still impressive.)


No comments:

Post a Comment