Saturday, April 14, 2012

Day 15- Nesting Penguins


        I have been looking for a store that sold nesting dolls for months, with no luck what-so-ever. I have tried craft stores, hobby shops, and on the internet of course. Obviously some online stores had some great examples but they were super expensive(About 40$ or more for a set of 3) and that was even before shipping. Then yesterday, I was in DeSeeres and just happened to walk by the wooden craft section and bam!, there they were, out of nowhere a 5 set, 7 inches tall, 25$. No shipping. Awesome. So I obviously bought them took them home and started priming them with white paint right away. I am going with a penguin theme, of course. But I am not sure what type, fictionaly white face or go with a traditional, grey faced humboldt? Bow ties or scarves?Decisions, decisions. Bow ties or scarves?


       Well after much thought, I decided that I will be going with a grey face humboldt and both bow ties and scarves. Rainbow scarves. I am also painting a star on the back , my signature. I am painting one colour at a time. It is very time-consuming but I think it will be worth it. They are starting to look really great. Here are some pictures. I will post more as I go. I have a feeling it may take a while. 
The little guy.

The Not so little guy.
The Medium guy.

The Second biggest guy.

The Big guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment