Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Never Alone


        I need to remind myself that as unique and personal our emotions feel we are not alone. Meaning others also feel the way I do. I was speaking to my friend, well texting my friend living in Toronto, and she was expressing how unsettled she felt about her life. How her job was unfulfilling, that she wants a real career, a purpose. She surprised me when she told me how lucky I was to have my writing , I am lucky that I at least know what I want to do. She doesn't even have that. I think that feeling of being loss, purposeless, is more common than most people realize. It surprised me that she feels that way but it shouldn't have, I need to remember that I am not so unique in my need for purpose, it is the human condition. We all struggle in our own way. I don't know why it always surprises me when I am reminded.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment