Monday, March 19, 2012

Feeling like a Change


         I want a house. I really want a house. We rent and I think it is time to buy a house of our own. Only problem is we don't have enough saved for the down payment yet and it is killing me to wait. I guess it didn't seems so important to me a few years ago because it seemed so unattainable. Now it seems less daunting. I have been thinking about taking this step for a while and I have been putting it off somewhat so we could reduce our debt. You know, student loans and the like. Now we are about 6-12 months away from actually being able to do so and it seems like forever.

        But I am a determined women, I can wait, I can do things about this. This could be hastened if I get a second job. If I sell my scooter. If I earn extra money somehow. But in doing so this will have an effect on other parts of my life. I want to take time off my government job, which the government is so cool they will let you do that, to try and write my novel and start my internet business. (I was told just yesterday to try and sell my designs from a boutique. I guess someone really like me work.) That will be put off, not only because we will need the income and the stability of being at a job for at least 2 years to qualify for a mortgage. But I can accept this. I have found the house of my dreams with a attic/loft I can use as a studio. All these sacrifices will be worth it if I can get this house.

        I guess I am just using this post to think through and vent some of my frustrations. Also to get suggestions, if anyone is reading this besides the Silver Hook (http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheSilverHook). If I do pick up another job, minimum wage is not going to be worth the loss of time off and extra taxes paid. I will be looking for closer to 15/hr or side sewing/knitting etc jobs that pay fairly. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Night guys!

P.S. I hit 400 views today!

No comments:

Post a Comment