Monday, March 5, 2012

A Vintage Gift

        Keith went to visit family this past weekend while I stayed home and tended to domestic things. His mother, grandmother and aunt all knit and crochet. As I previously mentioned, my mother-in-law has helped me with some of the finer points of knitting and continues to do so. When Keith returned home Sunday he presented me with a gift from his aunt. She had amassed quite the collection of patterns, mostly crochet but not exclusively, and had decided to pass them on to me. Apparently she no longer has the time or desire to crochet and knit as she once did. Well all I have to say to that is lucky me.

        They are mostly vintage patterns, surprisingly most are in English, Keith comes from a French-Canadian family and usually everything is in French. I was pleasantly surprise when I could read the majority of them, others Keith will help me with I am sure. He is quite good at translation. Mostly they are stuffed animals and clothes for them but other stuff too. It looks like I will learn much, which is nice. I will post any pictures if I make some this year.

Have a good night.

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to bring the patterns to our craft meet up this week! I love looking at vintage patterns, and some are better written than modern patterns.

    Susan
    (TheSilverHook.ca)

    ReplyDelete