Sunday, March 18, 2012

Quality of Goods


        If have been reading my last few posts you will know that I have been commissioned to fix a dress for my best friend. The more I work on it, the more I realize that I worry too much. Basically I mean that I have always worried about the quality of my goods and honestly I probably shouldn't. Well not to say that I really shouldn't worry about it at all, all designers should . But more I should realize that my designs are just as well made as the stuff made and sold in stores.

         The Jamaica dress is a prime example. I worked on the sides today. I tore the skirt seam open and the seam wasn't even serged. Silk, unfinished, seriously? Because that is not going to fray and I mean really fray over time to the point where the dress will be unwearable and potentially have irreversible damage. I serge everything, every edge, If I can't I make damn sure I have a huge clearance, plus top stitching, a heap of top stitching. Hey but that's just me right? Anyways I guess my point is I feel I have been to hard on myself, because others don't seem to be as picky as me. But I guess being picky can be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment