Friday, February 10, 2012

Apparently technical writing is my thing!


        I am happy to say I spent the day writing. Long story short, due to technical difficulties, I was unable to actually do my job today. The job I get paid, and paid well, to do. Since I work in the government they don't just send you home they get you to do busy work. That happens to be writing procedure manuals. Surprisingly we do not have any training manuals, for any of the jobs in our office. Well the supervisor have a basic outline but the rest of the administrative team sort of get their duties from word of mouth.

        So I'm writing the manual with the premise that if the entire administration dies in a fiery car crash tomorrow (Knock on wood) (Are you knocking on that wood?) (Seriously, knock, this is my life here.) my replacement could come and pick up the manual and would be able to do my job right away. And I realize something. I am really good at this. And my boss thinks so and my boss's boss thinks so. My procedures are the standard by which all other procedures will be measured by. I am actually writing procedures for other people on my team. Since this is the closes I've come to professional writing I'm kind of excited. I am thinking of taking a course at a local college and maybe do that until I can make money designing and selling goods. That might make me happy. So all in all it was a good day.

        And because good days make me happy, here are some pictures of teddy bears, they also make me happy.





No comments:

Post a Comment