Friday, February 24, 2012

Time Travel and Inspiration


        I like that when a song comes on it can instantaneously transport you back to a memory/time in your life. So if it triggers a memory of an amazing event it can help motivate you even years later. I remember crowd surfing at a Killjoys concert at 16 and every time I hear one of their songs I remember that feeling. Freedom and invincibility.

        Who doesn't feel their step quicken a little when working out as soon as you hear “Eye of the Tiger” (Adrian!!!!)

So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

It's the eye of the tiger
It's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge
Of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And he's watching us all with the
Eye of the tiger

        Most of the time when I am writing this blog I listen to Journey. So I don't stop believing.

Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh, the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on
Don't stop believin'
Hold on to the feelin'
Streetlights people


        I have always loved Chicago's You're the Inspiration.

Always on my mind
in my heart
in my soul
You're the meaning in my life
you're the inspiration.
You bring feeling to my life
you're the inspiration.


        I will miss Whitney Houston and her voice but I still can relate to how she felt while singing, One Moment in Time.

I want one moment in time
When I'm more than I thought I could be
When all of my dreams are a heartbeat away
And the answers are all up to me
Give me one moment in time
When I'm racing with destiny
Then in that one moment of time
I will feel
I will feel eternity.

        In the past few years Hedley has written a few great song. I saw them as an opening act a few years ago and look where they are now. One life

Oh it's a great big world and you'll see
It could pass you by at light speed
You've got one life, one life
Don't stop live it up, no

Hedley Invincible

I've come a long, long way
Made a lot of mistakes
But I'm breathin’, breathin’
That's right and I mean it, mean it
This time I'm a little run down
I've been living out loud
I could beat it, beat it
That's right, cause I'm feelin’, feelin’

        There are a lot more artists I could put up here but I think you get the point. Music inspired me like nothing else because it is a form of time travel for me and I hope it always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment