Monday, February 20, 2012

What Inspires me!

        I have been thinking over the questions I posed in my last post and I have come up with some answers. I am inspired by nature, mostly animals, but also tropical places like most people. I have travelled to the Caribbean twice and the beaches are amazing. The wild life was also very exciting. I pet two sea turtles, one a baby sea turtle. I went snorkeling and the colour of salt-water fish is breathtaking. I saw a golden school of fish that seamlessly moved as one, or so it seems to me. I saw countless fish over the islands, even some small clown fish, very Finding Nemo. I also saw iguanas, they was hiding in trees and difficult to see. I also saw sea snakes or maybe they were eels, still cool, a dark grey with yellow spots. We saw small multicoloured lizards.
The flowers were so bright it was unreal. It makes me want to add colour to my designs, when I am a very big black and white user. The clear sea water was most beautiful of all. It glistening in the sun and rolling waves were so inspiring.

        I also travelled to Ireland, (I have some Irish blood just so you know) the greenery was beautiful. The towns were mostly picturesque, full of old world charm. We took the dart (a train) from Dublin and I truly enjoyed how you’d be inside a mountain one minute and by a sea side the next. It was amazing how vast yet how small it seemed at the same time. The most wildlife we saw were sheep but that's to be expected. They are very fuzzy but not much different from Canadian ones. The most exotic animals I saw were at the Dublin Zoo. They had a peacock running around and red pandas in a open cage. Very cool.

        The landscape of Ireland was more inspiring for me than the animals since I had seen most of them before. I can't decide if the landscape or the wildlife of the Caribbean are more inspiring. I love the islands of the Caribbean and hope to got back there sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment