Saturday, February 18, 2012

Avocado Update


        Since I last shared picture my avocado plants have had a growth spurt. I didn't have enough potting soil and have been extremely lazy getting to the store to pick more up so I have to water the big one every second day. While the poor little plant is still in a plastic cup. Its root base is getting bigger by the day and I really need to pot it. I think because I planted the smaller avocado in the fall when my house was cooler it had a harder time growing so I think the sooner I get the little guy into soil the better. But they are both thriving right now. I am very happy with the progress. I decided to plant more avocado in this coming spring and summer. I have this vision of having all kinds of avocado plants all over my house. A little army of avocado plants. I am not sure if this going to happen but we will see. It is a lot of waiting. Waiting to see if the seed will split and the plant will start growing. Then wait to see if after the leaves will sprout after the root grows. Then wait to see if it will continue to sprout. All that and I still have no idea when or if it will sprout fruit. Again a waiting game. But a fun waiting game. So here are my updated pictures. 

Before 








After

 

No comments:

Post a Comment