Friday, February 3, 2012

Mittens

Everyone I know assumes that I have amazing mittens because I knit mittens.  I actually do not. For several reasons. 1) I haven’t had time to knit ones for myself since I perfected my Fair Isle knitting  technique. I have five pairs of mittens to make in the next 6 weeks. So yeah, no time. 2) I was given leather gloves for Christmas. Danier leather black gloves, pretty nice and super sophisticated. 3) The buses in Ottawa are filthy. Why would I want to knit beautiful penguin mittens just to have then soiled by bus filth?
For all those reason, I am currently hand-made mittens-less.  I will have amazing mittens, Penguin obviously. But they will be bus free. They will be reserved for outdoor excursions and snow play, for walk outside and when having an epic snowball fight. Not for touching grimy bus poles. Blech.

No comments:

Post a Comment