Sunday, February 5, 2012

Mitten Progress Report


         I should have one full mitten complete if I want to finish on schedule. But like I was saying in yesterday's post, I have had some set backs. Today I finally figured out what I need to do. I was on track and then domestic life hit.

         I spent all day cooking. It's Sunday and in my house that means pancakes. I make what I call fruit bottom pancakes. I usually put shredded apple in the batter to make them moist. When they are cooking I put fruit on the bottom, usually either banana or blueberries. I tried a new recipe today, well same batter recipe but blueberries and kiwi on the bottom.

         I also made a turkey for dinner. I like to have stuff pre-made for the week. So I thought turkey, sandwiches, soup, pot pie, and just a plain old turkey dinner. My first turkey dinner. I usually make chicken but I have never made a turkey before. It worked out well. And I will have plenty of pre-made food for this week. But I haven't had any real time to knit today. Oops. Better luck tomorrow.

Here are pictures pancakes.....



....and Ta Da my first turkey. 



We are getting medieval in here! That's some leg!


P.S. I hit 200 page views today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment