Monday, February 13, 2012

My Favourite Artists

        With the passing of another amazing artist, it just seems like there have been so many in the last few years, it got me thinking. If you could meet one person, one artist who inspired you, alive or dead, who would you sing, dance, act, paint, write, design, create with? 
        Would a dance act with Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire interest you? Telling jokes with Robin Williams? Preform on Broadway with Christopher Walken? Making a stop-motion skit for Robot Chicken with Seth Greene? (I've loved him since My Step-Mother is an Alien) What about being assisting Seth Aaron Henderson with an original in his collection? (Fashion Designer for those who don't know, see him on Project Runway) Or sitting down the Pianoman Billy Joel? Wouldn't it have been amazing to edit a reel with John Hughes? (Don't you forget about me!!) Or be Elton John's costume designer? What about belt out Wind Beneath My Wings with Bette Midler? Pick the brain of Joss Wedon? Or be a cameo in Renoir's Dance at Le Moulin de la Galette ? Watch the first rendition of Shakespear's A Midsummer Night's Dream. Or rock out with Jack Black? Would you want to be twirled around a dance floor by Gene Kelly or Danny Kaye? Crone with Bing Crosby or Nat King Cole? Be kissed by Jimmy Stewart? (He always looked like he kissed as if he was about to die.) Who wouldn't want to help Jim Henson on the set of Labyrinth? (that way I get to meet David Bowie and George Lucas ) Or just sit with Kermit and sing the Rainbow Connection?
        If you haven't noticed I can't really decide. I love all of theses artists. I know many are from the golden age of MGM but honestly does it get any better? My tastes are somewhat older than most people my age. I blame it on all the film studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment