Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Why I can't always work at home


As I have previously mentioned I have a full-time government job. I work a compressed week and get 5 days out of every 14 off. Pretty sweet deal eh? You you'd think I could get a lot done, but no. I don't think I have mentioned I live in a house in Ottawa with my husband and two roommates. This makes it so we don't have a crazy amount of room. That being said I don't have a studio. I get to work in the living-room. So sometimes I get visitors. I introduced you guys to Macey, my cat. Well I swear she takes objection to me reading, writing and crafting of any kind because she is constantly getting in my way. 

 
We are currently saving for a house and really hope to be able to get one with extra room for a studio. Then I can really bust out the designs. Until then I will make do with what I have available but it would be super sweet to have a space of my own. I want a yarn spinning wheel and maybe even a knitting machine (sorry Susan) to make things a bit quicker. Not mittens but sweaters and the like. You really need a lot of space for theses things so that will all have to wait. I would love to set up different stations in one room so I can move from one project to another without having to move was I was working on. You know in case I run out of something or have to wait on a measurement and the like. That is my dream studio. If I ever get it i will post pictures. So wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! It is true that I'm a traditionalist. Maybe I should try a knitting machine sometime.

    ReplyDelete