Monday, February 6, 2012

Is Martha Stewart always right?


I was told, “You are a real Martha Stewart aren't you?” the other day. I protested. I am no Martha Stewart. Not that it isn't flattering. I mean, Martha Stewart, she is pretty much the crafting authority on the planet. Has probably forgot more about pinking shears than I will ever know. But it got me thinking, since she is the authority, Is Martha Stewart always right?

         She is the queen of crafting and home decor. But I wonder if she really can make all the pieces she puts on her website. I was on her site looking for Christmas ideas. I loved her idea of using copper wire wrapped around the tree branch when hanging Christmas ornaments but I honestly think that this technique would only work with either a small tree or one sparely decorated. Or frankly only if you didn’t have a full time job. My best friend tried to comfort when I brought this idea to her, complaining at my lack of time. “Martha Stewart doesn’t even decorate her own tree,” she said, “she has assistants for that. Of course they use copper wire and wrap between the pine needles, they get paid by the hour.” This made me smile. I know I am a bad person.
         
         So back to my questions, does she actually try out all ideas she posts or put in her books or does she just put her stamp of approval, like Martha Stewart presents .... more than made by Martha Stewart. Does she have a team coming up with ideas for her to present. How do I get that job? But seriously can you even imagine becoming so famous for your designs that people look for you to introduce their ideas? But this is all speculation. If anyone know let me know. I found nothing on the internet thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment