Thursday, February 23, 2012

Inspire By Example!


        As I have previously mentioned I come from a really big family. But something that I may not have told you guys is that I was raised by a single mom. When I was born my mother had four children under five. Think about that and the fact that soon after she became a single mom. Although she had a lot on her plate, she never stopped taking in kids. Sometimes they stayed for a long time, other times just a short while but all were welcome at our house. She worked but after school she was always there making a home cooked dinner for all of us.

        She always seemed to have the answer. A very intelligent person and heavy into politics. She also multi-talented. She is an amazing chef, I have been asked multiple times if she was professionally trained and has made wedding cakes for 4 weddings. She taught me to cook, bake, sew and knit. She let me wear my designs to work starting at 8 and let me dress up my little sister. She taught me perseverance and a good work ethic. And I don't think she is done yet. She is a very strong woman and that's why she inspires me.

No comments:

Post a Comment